Monday, April 8, 2013

Never Settle For Less, Barrel Racing - Jessika Lester




I have always wanted to barrel race since I was little. I started when I was about seven years old and haven't stopped since then. My passion for the sport is unbelievable I strive for the best every time the timer starts and I'm on the clock trying to knock out my competition. The adrenalin that takes over my body is what I live for. There is a power so big beneath you that it was once untamable and now you’re on its back about to let all its power take action and go. People don't realize the power a horse has and what they are capable of doing that's another reason why I love barrel racing so much is so that people can see that horses are intelligent and extremely strong animals. Barrel racing also is not easy. They say "awh its nothing to run around barrels", think again. There is so much thinking involved that if you miss one out of several things you have to remember you might as well pack up and head home because you’re not going to win. It takes a lot of concentration and a lot of multitasking to be able to barrel race. Not only that, you are working with an animal that also has a mind of its own at times and it might refuse to do something you want him/her to do with can be frustrated but then again I like a challenge.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment