Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Meeting JJ Lawhorn Part 1 - Jessika Lester

Around this time last year I was offered a spot to be in an upcoming music video with JJ Lawhorn. I had saw JJ for the first time at Fort Lee military base where he opened up for Chris Young, also a country singer. When I saw him come across the stage I was a little puzzled as to what he was going to do. He didn’t look like a country singer because of how he was dressed and the fact that he has long hair! But I didn’t want to judge before I had heard him. He started talking and I could immediately tell from his deep thick southern drawl that this was going to be good! He started singing and my jaw dropped! I was speechless to the music that came out of his mouth! It was awesome! I saw he was signing and taking pictures with people but by the time I went looking I couldn't find him again. I was a little disappointed but what could I do! I then went to the country fest which had three country singers Colt Ford, Darious Rucker, and Brantley Gilbert. Hearing them in the back ground as I walked around it was nice, then I heard the start of one of JJ Lawhorn songs, my eyes immediately turned to the stage as I saw him up there opening before Colt Ford came on. I was in shock and so excited that I got to see him perform again! After he performed I was walking around and right before I knew it, JJ was in the crowd walking around so I grabbed my friend by her arm and told her to come take this picture for me! I walked up to him and asked if I could take a picture with him, and he replied "why yes you can sweetheart". I took the picture with him, smiled gave him a hug and walked off! My friend didn’t know who he was and starting asking me about him, when I told her he was a country singer she wanted to find him again and get a picture with him. Therefore the journey begins with finding him! We were walking around and I remember feeling someone grab my arm and I then turned around seeing ....... to be continued on next blog!  



1 comment:

  1. You are so lucky to meet a famous guy! He defiantly doesn't look like a country singer, I think its the long hair that throws it off. I watched the trailer to the music video and I think that's cool that he asked you to be in it!

    ReplyDelete