Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Saturday nights rodeo - Jessika Lester

Saturday night I attended the Blackstone, Virginia rodeo. When I arrived there I was extremely pumped for this rodeo because it is my all time favorite. I actually missed my prom to attend this rodeo because I like it that much. As soon as I got there I went ahead and saddled up my horse and was warming her up, even though she wasn't die to run for another good two hours. You still need to have to stretch their legs. When I was in the warm up pen, I was riding around with my friends Amber, and Brooke. I couldn't help but hear the announcer calling for check. After he got all the wires connected right he made an announcement about the rodeo. Welcoming people to Blackstone and saying we are looking for three teams of three to participate in the steer wrestling. My friend Amber and I looked at each other and smiled. I knew what that meant. We both said lets do it at the same time, so there we went to sign up and put Brooke down as well to because after we told her what we were doing she said she wanted in. After about ten minutes of still warming up the announcer came back over the intercom and said we are still looking for two other teams (making us the only ones to have signed up) and then he mentioned "and guess what, the only team signed up as of now, are three girls" My friends and I threw our hands up making some noise showing that we were going to be doing it. Shortly after two more teams had gotten together from out of the crowd and attended the steer wrestling as well. After My run, in which Lover (my horse) did great, it was time for the steer wrestling. We were the first to get out bull, and the first one to get the ribbon tied on his tail (what the object was to do) to the guy in the red shirt who was waiting to see who finished first. However, another boy caught up to Brooke and she played it off as she didn't get there first when she really did so they ended up giving it to he other team, which made me a little mad. But we all had fun so that's all that matters.



https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10200918953760957&set=vb.1378841333&type=2&theater

The link to go to for the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment