Monday, February 25, 2013

Skeet Shooting - Jessika Lester


Skeet Shooting

Something I have come to enjoy doing recently is skeet shooting! I enjoy the challenge of taking a gun and hitting a target up in the air! I came across this sport when I came home one day and saw my brother and a bunch of his friends shooting the gun at Frisbee like disk that are being slung up into the air. I thought to myself how hard could this really be, I mean you have a scope. Thinking that I could be a professional at first I walked over to my brother Ryan and his friends and asked if I could try. My brother started laughing and said “yeah sure let’s see what you can do”

I grabbed the gun, loaded it and proceeded in the stance to get ready for them to “pull” or release the skeet up into the air. I yelled “pull’ and the florescent orange fisk went flying in the air. POW ….. I turned and looked at my brother and his friends and said “ I think I missed it”. They started laughing at me because I couldn’t hit one to save my life the whole day!

I knew I would need to practice this before the next time we meet again. So sure enough I went outside and started practicing when my brother wasn’t home. After a couple of weeks, I came home to find them all outside shooting skeet again, this time I was ready. I parked my truck and walked over to them. This time they handed me the gun because they wanted to entertainment at laughing at me because I couldn’t get it last time, little did they know I had been practicing!

I load the gun and get myself situated for them to sling the skeet out for me. I yell, “pull” the skeet disk went sailing out, I rearrange the gun right on where I wanted it to be, pulled the trigger, POW! I look over to my brother and his friends, their jaws were dropped and I gave them a little smile, cocked the gun “chh chh”, blew down the barrel so smoke would come out, handed the gun back to them, and walked inside leaving them with their mouths to the ground!

Me shooting the gun!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl!!! That is so true... It is very hard to shoot skeet. And yeah it takes time and effort to be able to at least shoot one. It has been a while for me but you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete