Friday, September 6, 2013

It's that time again! -Jessika Lester





              School is back in session and this time I was ready for it to start again! Only because hopefully this will be my last year if I can squeeze in an extra class here and there! I'm going to start by wrapping my summer up and say some of what I enjoyed most about it! To start off my summer, I headed out to Nags Head North Carolina for "beach week". It was really fun and I got to hang out with a lot of friends that I hadn't seen for a couple of years. When I got back home, I had a week to stay home again before I was off on the Carnival Cruise Line, setting sail to the Bahamas! I thought I would have enjoyed my time more on the ship then what I actually did. However being confined knowing that I only had from one end to the other to explore with two and a half days of seeing nothing but the "deep blue sea" and I literally mean deep blue, I found that I was ready to see some land again! We stopped at Grand Turks, Free Port, and Half Moon Cay. That was interesting to see all the different islands because you could really see there is more out there then what you are limited  to at home. I remember asking a man how he liked living in Grand Turks and he told me he loved it. He said that It was always seventy five degrees and a one point of a certain season (I can’t remember which one) That the hump back whales come in and mate and he goes out scuba diving with some of the locals and they get to swim with these amazing creatures, and he said that they are so big, that when you swim to where you are completely in front of their eye, that you can see your whole body’s reflection. To me, I found that as a jaw dropping event to be a part of because it amazes me how in creditably enormous these whales are! This is not my whole summer and I will finish in the next blog! Thanks for reading!

Beach Week with some crazy friends

                                                 In Grand Turk, Bahamas soaking up some sun!

2 comments:

  1. You're summer sounds like it was a blast! Being in the beach is always a great time. Whale shows are always very fun and interesting to watch, makes me want to swim with them as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its was Ms. Aguilar :)! we need to make a trip next time and go together!

      Delete